HomeProject OverviewDocuments RepositoryScheduleUpdatesCommunity RelationsLinksContacts
General

Plant History

RCRA  Corrective Action

Investigation Activities

CERCLA Creek Soil & Sediment Removal Action

Information Evaluation

The Bedford Plant was originally constructed in the early 1900s as a limestone milling operation. The U.S. Government purchased the mill in 1942, converting the plant to an aluminum aircraft engine foundry, which was operated by GM. GM purchased the property after World War II and has continued to operate the plant as an aluminum foundry as part of various GM operating divisions.

1923 1945 1952 1970 1979 2000